Of all the questions we get asked, these are perhaps the ones we hear most: Where ARE you? Why can’t I find you at my local store, or why does my local store only carry certain Guayaki products and not others? When will you sell at larger grocers or closer to my home?
First: How awesome is it that everyone loves yerba mate?? We love it so much that word of Guayaki is spreading — not only are you choosing a healthier path for your body, you’re putting your cash into a pro-planet product and supporting our mission to restore rainforest. We’re doing everything we can to be available wherever possible, but ultimately, it’s not up to us. It’s up to the stores, and up to you.
So if you want to see Guayaki at your local store, help us out. Here’s what you can do:
- Print out our [Product Request Form] and fill it in with the type of Guayaki you want (cans, bottles, tea bags, loose leaf), and any other info on the form that you think would be helpful. This form is not for us — it’s for YOUR stores!
- Give the form to the place where you’d like to buy Guayaki Yerba Mate. It can be a big or small grocer, local shop, convenience store . . . wherever you go, and wherever you would want to buy yerba mate. You can give it to a customer service desk, a store manager, or whoever is responsible for making purchases at the store.
- Tell your friends to do it, too! The more requests a store gets, the more they’ll see that people want yerba mate.
That’s it! It boils down to this:
To a place of business, your word speaks louder than ours. If you love us, tell the places you shop.
- If the place you normally buy Guayaki is out of stock or doesn’t stock your favorite kind, tell them! Fill the form out or mention it to the people working. If they know you want it, they’ll work to get it for you.
- If you love Twitter like we do, find your stores’ Twitter handles (if they have them) or email addresses and ask for Guayaki. But know that to a store, that form means a lot, because it shows that you actually, physically shop there.
- If you have yerba mate lovers in your community and have ideas, send them to us! We’re here to connect and mobilize. Tweet us @guayaki or email email@example.com. We’re frighteningly responsive.
Yerba mate is a drink of empowerment and community. Know your power.
This year has been nothing but magical for Guayaki: we released our new sparkling cans, had a wildly energetic time at Expo, and made B Corp’s list of companies “Best for the World”. Our dream of producing sustainable, mission-driven yerba mate has become a collective reality, one we’re all working towards and sharing for the benefit of our greatest good.
And when we say all, we mean all: WorldBlu just released its annual list of the Most Democratic Workplaces. We made it! And we’re honored to say we’ve made it every year since 2007. And this doesn’t just recognize the passion we all have for our work, or the way we work so well together. It also reflects the spirit of community that grows around yerba mate.
When sharing a gourd of mate with another person or a group, enjoying incredible health and energy are just the beginning. Mate inspires a sense of openness: ideas are shared, passions exchanged, friendships are forged, and communities are born. Nourishing these feelings of mutual trust and support, the creation of a working environment where we each have a voice, open opportunities and a strong feeling of being welcome where we are just comes naturally. Yerba mate creates democratic workplaces! We should all be so blessed. And we’re working on that.
As with everything, we share this award with you, for making our mission successful and helping us make our work happen.
Friday morning, as the sun came up, we brewed some fresh loose-leaf mate to help us prepare for the long journey ahead. After packing up the trunk and back seat with Guayaki, DJ gear, balloons, lasers, and lighting equipment, we hit the road. Hours of pumping music, thickening forests, and resisting the urge to break into the cans and bottles of organic gold in the back went by, and we finally arrived at our destination, Bellingham Washington.
As I set up the lighting system and DJ gear, the crew unloaded the mate, and set a case upon every table. 15 cases should be enough, right? We were about to find out. After everything was set up, we all took a moment to snag a bottle of Pure Endurance, hoping it would help carry us through the next 4 hours of madness. People started to trickle in as the front doors were opened; the show was about to start. WIthin minutes, the entire auditorium was packed, and people started to crowd around the tables, curious about this new drink. I had a few minutes before I needed to head onstage, so I told a large group of neon-clan students the benefits of yerba mate, and they were excited for the extra energy boost they would need later on in the night. I had to head up and prep to go on, so I asked a couple of my crew members to hang around the tables and explain the Guayaki story to people before it got too loud.
Half an hour into the set, we hit maximum capacity. Almost 800 Western Washington University students had crowded into the multipurpose room, and were currently all jumping in unison, singing along to a remix of “What is Love?” as the strobe lights flashed, and lasers scanned the crowd. It was definitely a night to remember. I have never seen such a positive, high-energy group like this at any of my events so far, and I have a feeling part of it was due to the organic caffeine a large portion had been lucky enough to enjoy.
Guayaki has become my ultimate fuel for DJ performance, and something I always want to share with the crowds and fans. I’m greatly looking forward to the next event, and opportunity to share the gift of yerba mate!
Can you spot the Guayaki in each one?
University Cebador, Portland State University